Saturday, August 28, 2010

HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE CHESSBASE WEBSITE LATELY?

Two things I've noticed, one of them not so obvious.

First, what is with that ad for DVDs plastered right in the middle of the screen? I understand commerce, and I know there is an X box in the upper right hand corner to "close" this ad out, but its blatancy is like getting an email from someone written in all CAPS.

Secondly, I can't seem to "easily" find (if it is at all possible) older NEWS articles unless you pick a specific subject in the "search" box. Sometimes I would want to scroll back (using the lower right hand portion of the screen) for a couple weeks to see something I have missed. If it's still around, I don't know where it is.

LAST NIGHT
I emailed out my first Newsletter for "Chess Company" and it is a little news (for now) but contains a big DVD pricelist with a new pricing structure. Also, on the back page is a list of past ChessBase magazines and other products I am selling in LOTS.

I hope in the end this pricing system will be more popular. It's a well known piece of advice to try to make thinks more understandable and simpler these days, but sometimes we (the industry) tries more complicated things to see if it can strike a better chord. The deal for today is that if you order by Midnight tonight you will get FREE shipping anywhere in the USA.

I hope everyone out there who reads this today has a great weekend.

bob@thinkerspressinc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment