Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WHO'S GOING TO BE NUMBER 50?

We have 49 registered Blog readers of "the chess museum." More than that read it, but 49 are registered. Who wants to become #50?

A little while back I issued my 90,000th invoice since I began keeping track of invoices with computer software. I've done a pile of these in the last few years by myself and all those while I was in Georgia selling used merch or things like The Chess Reports. Today invoices were issued for those who have signed up for the Purdy Chess Chronicles. I just forgot about the 90,000 and I wanted to have a prize for that 90,000 invoice so now I will have to get excited when I get near 100,000. Apple has had 10 Billion app. downloads so I am way off from that.

Think about it, it's a lot of paper and ink.

Will tell you this week, possibly, more about the Purdy Chess Chronicles. Lots of stuff going on here. Tomorrow night I am supposed to get a status report on the new web site. I am anxious to tell you the name but can't until I see it is working. Patsy D'eRamo has already volunteered to be a beta tester. Anyone else?

Because of dental and medical appointments I am running around like a whirling dervish trying to finish up this week's Chess Reports. I don't hear much from the readers about the annotated games but believe me, there is real meat in those games or I reject them. If you can't understand "New in Chess" magazine, and many have told me they can't, then the Chess Reports should be on your list of "must buy." Issue #121 will be out this Friday and one feature is the games with the black pieces by Dragolub Velimirovic. Unfortunately I do not have a photo for him that is free use. You will learn a lot about assaults with pawns, tackling bizarre white openings against the Sicilian and much more. While there are twelve such annotated games, 6 will be in this issue and the remaining 6 will be in #122.

There is also an article on Chess Terrorism where Karpov pounds some guy into walking funny. An a big overview of ChessBase 11... which unfortunately isn't the most flattering thing in the world.

Stay tuned.... like a ukelele.

bob@thinkerspressinc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment