Wednesday, January 5, 2011

300 POSTS + MR PURDY

Well it's another watermark in the life of Thinkers; Press inc. isn't it. 300 posts and it reminds me of Henny Youngman's joke, "I just flew in from Chicago and boy are my arms tired." My fingers??? Well, not as tired as I thought.

That other master of words, Cecil John Seddon Purdy will see Purdy's Chess Chronicles coming out this month. I have the info for you as I have a slew of people who want this and I will be contacting them too when I get a second, but if you want to get on the paid list right now, it will cost you $20/issue x 4 = $80. Or 4 issues in one year at $69.95 (the $80 is for the Johnny Come Latelies). I promise at least 24 pages and most of you know me, you will probably get more than that. This will keep me busy. It will be January, April, July, October. That should keep me out of trouble.

For the uninitiated I have secured early issues of Purdy's magazines such as The Australasian Chess Review. I don't have them all unfortunately, but a lot of them. I will be picking out bits and pieces not covered by Ralph Tykodi when he did the amazing series for us. Well, there won't be much repetition any way. Purdy's son in law Frank Hutchings sent me two boxes of magazines, some bound and some unbound. If I had the time to do all of them, say 2-4 years worth, I could then sell off the magazines. We'll start with 1929 when Chess Review (US) had never even been born (1932, both during the Depression).

This idea has been on the boil almost a year but now it will happen.

As to those who might be concerned about getting two more issues of Chess EXTRAS, don't worry about it. I have been working on #5 too, and there will probably be a different format this time as I attempt to spruce it up a little more.

If you want the Chess EXTRAS it is $65 unless you have a Gold Card 2011 (then it will be $50).

I am thinking of changing the name of my business to The Chess Crankout! Do I have a life? Well, I am working on it. So, just subscribe to everything and you will even see a fresher me. I am hoping this year to take every other Friday off. hard to believe isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment