Friday, May 27, 2011

WELCOME PAUL TO RED WING

Paul Reiners is coming to Red Wing for the Soiree! Yippee, more new faces. Love it.

He asked if the $30 book everyone is getting was Yermo's book on Chess Improvement. I answered, "No, that book is out of print." (And one of Gambit's best.) The book everyone will get and study is GM Victor Moskalenko's Revolutionize Your Chess.

I hope more of you will sign up. Have room for 15 more.

In the meantime, I am working on the next in the series of The Chess Gangs of New York and London: Pillsbury. Man, what a killer at simuls, blindfold, and consultation games. Most of these games I am including are NOT in ChessBase! This one is worth having (well, they all are). One English reseller just snapped up 50 of them (including Alekhine)--yet the other European dealer said they were TOO expensive. All MY life I've had to deal with people like that! By the time they finally GET on the wagon their customers have bought it from someone else (like me or the other resellers). How some of these people survive is a complete mystery to me.

I have a SALE ending tomorrow, so if there is something in the SKUNK/YELLOW STRIPE event that grabs you, hope to hear from you by Saturday night.

Am still pushing for the $20 yearly subscription to SCORE. The cover was designed and finished at 3 a.m. yesterday! I have a few perfectionistic traits!

Contact: bob@thinkerspressinc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment